Have you just started using CBD to feel better but you feel like you’re not seeing the results that you’re expecting?
When you learn how to best use CBD, the health benefits can be life-changing. Here are the top reasons why CBD may not be working for you and solutions on how to fix them.
For many people, CBD oil can provide relief for aches, pains, sleep issues, stress, anxiety, and more. But it hinges on knowing what can hinder your progress.
Here are some of the common missteps we see, and how to avoid them.
In #5 we tell you how to chose the best, highest quality, and safe most effective CBD.
1. Not Trying CBD For Long Enough (giving up too soon)
While some people feel the effects of CBD the first time that they take it, for many it can take a few days or even weeks for the benefits to become noticeable. The process is gradual. Be patient and stick with it.
Early studies have found that the effects of CBD build up overtime with regular, consistent usage. If you’re new to CBD, it’s important to set your expectations accordingly. We recommend sticking with a daily regimen for at least 2 to 4 weeks.
2. Not Finding Your Optimal Amount (not taking enough or taking to much)
CBD affects everyone differently. Finding your optimal amount is critical to achieving maximum benefit.
It's recommended people start off with about one 5mg serving in the morning and one at night for two days and if not satisfied with the results, increase by 5mg every other day until they experience the desired results.
However, if consuming CBD for sleep, you will want to take it an hour before your bedtime each evening and skip taking it in the morning.
3. Taking The CBD Incorrectly
When it comes to CBD drops (also called tinctures or liquids) Simply place the oil under your tongue or between the inner cheek and gums and let it sit for one to two minutes before swallowing.
Brushing one’s teeth first can increase blood flow in the mouth and speed up the onset.
Additionally, taking drops (or capsules) after eating food, especially healthy fats, will improve absorption and result in a stronger effect.
4. Inconsistent Use
While some people can just use CBD as needed. Others do better with daily use due to the cumulative effects.
CBD does not remain in the system for a long period of time, so a daily dosage is instrumental in maintaining the effects of CBD.
5. Quality And Safety Matter
Quality and safety vary highly from brand to brand, given that the industry is only partially regulated.
- When shopping for tinctures, you will also want to double-check that the carrier oil (or the base oil) is not skimped on. A few of the best carrier oils for CBD are hemp seed oil, sunflower oil, MCT oil, or avocado oil.
- Are the ingredients clearly labeled? The best products have very few simple, natural ingredients that you can easily pronounce.
- Are there independent lab tests available (COA)? A reputable brand will show third-party lab results that will verify the CBD content of the product, and also ensure that it is free from impurities and contaminants.
- How was the CBD made? There are different ways to make CBD oil from hemp. Some methods involve harmful solvents. For instance, some companies use ethanol or isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to make CBD because it’s low-cost. Others use a cleaner but more costly solvent, CO2.
- Do your own research and read reviews of different brands before choosing a brand. There is no brand that works for everyone. Go with the brand that feels right for you and your situation.
- Do consider buying a sample or smaller-size product as your first purchase. This can give you the chance to see if that brand works for you without wasting money.
6. Not Keeping A CBD Journal
When you are first starting, it is a good idea to keep a CBD journal to track your use. This way, you can easily see how much you have taken, when, and if you experienced any difference in the way you feel.
Make your journal a regular habit, noting the time, date, dosage, whether or not you’re taking the CBD product before or after a meal, and the brand of CBD you are using. Your journal can help you adjust your dosage or determine which brand of products works best for you.
7. Not Storing CBD Correctly
CBD needs to be stored properly to avoid it from going bad. Proper storage conditions can help preserve the potency of a CBD product.
The ideal storage conditions for a CBD product should be specified on its label. A typical label would read store in a cool, dry place, away from heat and light.
Heat, light, and moisture are the three factors that can affect the potency or the quality of a CBD product.
Imagine waking up each day feeling great. Imagine regaining your life from anxiety and the toll of everyday stressors. We are here to help you make an educated decision to get you feeling better.
Now that you know the seven most common mistakes when using CBD to avoid, you can make educated decisions without the worry of not knowing what to do to get the most out of your CBD product.
Hello! We are writers here at Hemp Jubilation. We are a diverse small group of experienced CBD users. We strive to bring you the finest, up-to-date reviews and content on all things CBD.
We have been writing about CBD for more than 5 years and have tried and reviewed dozens of CBD products. We are knowledgeable about the popular CBD brands and products, the CBD industry as well as the science and research behind this popular natural remedy.