In this Medterra CBD review, we will review the brand, the pros and cons, and our favorite products.
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here's our process.
Medterra offers some of the world’s highest-quality CBD with a vast array of proven functional ingredients and trending botanicals in a wide range of products designed to satisfy every need and preference.
This is a CBD company that has a little something for everyone. So check out our Medterra review to know what you need to know to make a confident decision.
Apart from having something for everyone, Medterra CBD can also help you in the following ways:
- Medterra has a quiz on its website to help you find CBD products that are just right for you.
- If you have questions? You can get in touch with their wellness experts by calling, texting, live chat, or email. Its team of U.S.-based wellness experts has a 96% customer satisfaction rating. You can talk to them through any medium you choose.
- Find the Right CBD Spectrum for you with the spectrum comparison chart.
- Subscribe & Save. Save 30% plus get free shipping for life, and enjoy the convenience of CBD regularly delivered to your door along with other insider perks.
About Medterra CBD
Founded in 2017 and based in Laguna Hills, Calif. Medterra is a company that takes CBD seriously. We’re impressed by their commitment to delivering quality CBD products at an affordable price.
Medterra is one of the first CBD brands entering CVS stores. The endorsement from CVS established Medterra as an industry leader in the CBD market.
They are dedicated to helping people find improvement in their quality of life by offering an extensive array of CBD options designed to satisfy every need and preference.
In this Medterra CBD review let's take a look at the brand's reputation, transparency, product quality, and customer reviews, as well as including a list of our favorite Medterra CBD products.
- Strict hemp regulations. Is a member of the Industrial Hemp Pilot Program in Kentucky, meaning all hemp crops grown under the program must be approved by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) to be able to provide customers with quality CBD products.
- Guaranteed THC-free. Using a proprietary extraction method ensures there will be zero THC in both their isolate and broad-spectrum products.
- The most advanced True Full Spectrum CBD Drops on the market. Contains all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids present in the hemp plant including 2mg of THC at a 5:1 ratio of CBD to other beneficial hemp compounds.
- Top physicians. The company employs medical experts (for humans and fur best friends) to research, formulate and create some of the best CBD products on the market today.
- Most affordable. Products from Medterra are a lot more affordable than other top brands.
- Some negative reviews. Few people had issues with products not arriving and a lack of response to complaints and unhelpful customer service.
- No mention of third-party cGMP certified. While they process their CBD products in a certified facility, the company lacks a cGMP third-party certification.
Medterra's Brand Reputation
According to numerous Medterra CBD Reviews online, they are one of the most trusted CBD companies on the market and specialize in the manufacturing of high-grade Pure CBD.
Extensive internet research of Medterra found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Along with the company has never received a warning letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This apparently means they’ve never made false claims about their products.
Medterra's Product Quality
Medterra offers the highest-quality CBD products at great prices. Its selection includes a variety of products that CBD lovers can easily include in their daily lives.
Medterra products are made with 99% pure CBD extracted from hemp grown by the strict guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
And the isolate and broad-spectrum CBD products are guaranteed THC-free, along with the full spectrum CBD products are guaranteed to have 2mg of THC.
All products are non-GMO and don’t have any pesticides, harmful metals, or solvents.
They are one of the first 13 CBD companies to be given the U.S. Hemp Authority's Awards Seal for quality, safety, and consistency.
All products from Medterra are third-party lab tested by an ISO 17025-compliant lab. This means that the lab has shown that they produce reliable and valid results.
You can find batch-specific certificates of analysis (COAs) on each product page and on a separate page of the website here.
You will find many positive customer service reviews on the Medterra website. Although there are a few complaints about customer service, they truly have a knowledgeable customer care staff.
The company has a clear return policy on its website. If you’re unhappy with a product, you can request a full refund of the product (except for shipping costs) within 30 days of receiving it.
The website also includes easy-to-locate contact information if you need help for any reason. Ways to contact them is through email or live chat or call to speak to Customer Service.
Product Range And Pricing
Medterra sells a broad variety of products meaning there is, even more, to love from this brand. With isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum products, Medterra has something for every level of CBD comfort.
They also offer many ways to take your CBD that will fit into your daily lifestyle, including CBD oils, topicals, gummies, capsules, and pet products.
Note, however, there isn’t much research about how safe CBD is for pets. It’s best to talk with your veterinarian before giving CBD to your pet.
Additionally, some Medterra CBD products are formulated to include vitamins, minerals, or supplements, such as melatonin to help you sleep, or turmeric to promote a natural sense of calm.
The company prides itself on offering high-quality CBD products that are much more affordable than the competition.
Our Medterra CBD Favorite Products
All Medterra CBD products are manufactured with either an Isolate, broad-spectrum, or full-spectrum formulation. For those unfamiliar with the terminology.
CBD “Terminology”: Understanding the Medterra's Products
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil: products contain all terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids of the cannabis plant, including up to 0.3% THC. Many users prefer full spectrum products, as they are often associated with the “entourage effect”—multiple cannabinoids working synergistically together.
- Broad-Spectrum or Ultra Broad-Spectrum: Broad-spectrum CBD oils have the THC removed during processing. Medterra’s Ultra Broad-Spectrum CBD oil has a 10:1 ratio of CBD to the other phytocannabinoids it contains, i.e., CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDV, plus terpenes and flavonoids.
- Isolate is a type of CBD extract that doesn’t contain terpenes, flavonoids, or other cannabinoids like THC. It’s pure CBD.
- Terpenes: These are natural compounds found in the hemp plant. The research indicates that hemp cannabinoids (like CBD) work more effectively when CBD terpenes are present, rather than when isolated. CBD terpenes can be effective with symptoms of depression, anxiety, and cognitive function.
- Flavonoids are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits providing painkilling properties that aren’t available from just terpenes and cannabinoids alone.
- Cannabinoids are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are found in cannabis as well as hemp plants. Common cannabinoids besides CBD include THC, CBC, CBG, CBN and offer much more promising results when taken together.
- Certificates of Analysis (COA): A COA from a third-party lab is a detailed document that displays the lab test results. The COA provides independent evidence showing the exact cannabinoid profile, potency, and THC content in a given product plus other test results, which show that the product is free from pesticides, heavy metals, and other impurities.
In the next section of this Medterra CBD review, we highlight some of our favorite products.
(Note: Product details and price are accurate as of publication and are subject to change.)
1. Medterra Isolate CBD Oil
Medterra’s most popular product is its isolate CBD oil, which is 99.6% CBD but is totally free of any THC.
- Extract Type: Isolate
- Per Bottle: 500mg, 1000mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg of CBD
- THC: Zero THC in this product
- Price: $39.99 - $199.99
- Good for: Daily use to feel relaxed and calm, alleviate the pain of arthritic joints, and back pain, sleep aid.
This tincture is unflavored, but has a pleasant taste and goes down smooth.
Medterras's isolate products are big on cannabidiol (CBD) power but totally absent of any THC. In other words, it allows for the therapeutic properties of CBD to work alone without terpenes and other cannabinoids found in broad-spectrum and full-spectrum products.
All in all most would agree that Medterra’s most popular CBD range is the isolate CBD oils. With formulations that boast a superior 99%+ CBD content expertly infused into organic, coconut-derived MCT oil.
This specific CBD oil can actually be enjoyed right at the start of the day for a boost in a feeling of relaxation and ease discomfort.
Or, you can choose to end your day with a few drops to give your brain the chance to unwind and relieve pain so you can enjoy a peaceful sleep.
What Do Customers Have To Say?
Having over 3,000 positive reviews. Customers say it really helps with pain and soreness and takes the edge off of anxiety and depression.
However, there are a few people who did not like the taste at all and did not work as great as they would've liked.
2. Medterra Ultra Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil
Medterra created the perfect recipe for relaxation and comfort through their 1000mg ultra broad-spectrum CBD oils.
- Extract Type: Ultra Broad Spectrum
- Per Bottle: 1000mg and 2000mg 3000mg of CBD
- THC: THC-free
- Price: $64.99 - $99.99
- Good for: Daily use as a stress reliever, calm down and sleep better, more energy as well, makes the pain bearable, and just makes life easier.
Made with a blend of CBD and other beneficial cannabinoids (besides THC, of course), this all-encompassing tincture is created to satisfy a variety of different needs.
Medterra’s 1000mg broad-spectrum CBD oil gives you the benefits of not only CBD, but CBG, CBN, CBC, and CBDV, too.
These cannabinoids, along with all-natural terpenes, create a synergistic effect that allows for ultimate relief and relaxation.
Lab test results confirm that this is a broad-spectrum extract with CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG, and just as important, it contains zero THC.
I have to say that this tastes pretty good. The strawberry mint is surprisingly pleasant.
It has terpenes in it, but there's zero hemp flavor, and that's a good thing for those who can't tolerate a strong earthy flavor.
According to their website, this formula is just organic MCT oil, hemp extract, and natural organic flavors.
This specific CBD oil can actually be enjoyed right at the start of the day for calmness and pain relief throughout the day, or, you can choose to take a few drops before bed to get a much-needed full night's sleep.
Medterra offers unflavored, citrus, and strawberry mint flavor options to help appeal to all CBD lovers out there.
Whether you’re adding it to your morning coffee or placing it under your tongue when you're ready for some pain relief, a relaxed day, or catch some z’s, Medterra’s ultra broad-spectrum oil is sure to help you out.
What Do Customers Have To Say?
Our Medterra review found that Medterra’s CBD broad-spectrum oil is a powerful stress reliever, pain reliever, and sleep aid. A few negative comments were don't think it helped much.
3. Medterra True Full Spectrum CBD Oil
Medterra’s full spectrum blend CBD + THC offers an all-purpose CBD oil with super responsive effects. The 2mg THC line contains all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids present in the hemp plant at a 5:1 ratio of CBD to other beneficial hemp compounds.
- Extract Type: True Full-Spectrum
- Per Bottle: 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg of CBD
- THC: 2mg. THC levels are below the legal limit of .3% THC (by weight).
- Price: $49.99 - $249.99
- Good for: Daily use for calming mellow effects and a really comfy feeling, relieving pain while relaxing your body, getting to sleep more easily, and maintaining balance.
This CBD + THC tincture features a potent 50mg dose of CBD bolstered by 2mg of THC, which may not be suitable for users with sensitive systems.
The True Full Spectrum CBD oil offers whole plant power and is made from organically grown hemp in the USA.
It's third-party tested to confirm accuracy and ensure THC levels are below the legal limit of 0.3% THC.
The oil is super fast absorbing, and when taken first thing in the morning, you'll feel effects like increased focus, gentle mood enhancement, and very mild physical relaxation within 30 minutes.
For cannabis users with less of a THC tolerance, this tincture might hit in a way of more relaxing, even insomnia-reliving way.
Users' reviews praise the tincture for its effective sleep support, mood balance, increased focus, and anxiety relief.
What Do Customers Have To Say?
According to consumer reviews, the taste of the oil is surprisingly pleasant and the effectiveness is astounding.
4. Medterra Liposomal CBD+ Good Morning Capsules
Medterra’s line of CBD capsules has been upgraded to offer Liposomal CBD+ Good Morning Capsules, meaning fast, efficient absorption to help you rise and shine.
- Extract Type: Isolate
- Per Bottle: 25mg of CBD
- THC: Zero THC in this product
- Price: $54.99
- Good for: Daily sustained focus, energy, and whole-body support to help you conquer your day.
Those looking for a little pep in their step when starting the day or hitting that familiar sluggish feeling that comes on in the afternoon will want to consider Medterra’s Good Morning CBD+ Capsules.
In addition to 25mg of CBD and 40mg of caffeine, each Good Morning capsule also features turmeric, ginger, ashwagandha, and maca, these liposomal capsules are a wonderful option for an energized morning or afternoon boost.
This specific CBD oil should be enjoyed right at the start of the day for all-day cognitive support, you’ll notice sharper focus, and calm, enjoyable energy, without the crash.
Or, you can choose to take them with lunch for an afternoon pick-me-up.
What Do Customers Have To Say?
Our Medterra CBD review found that the Good Morning CBD capsules are now part of their customer's morning regimen. It works great with giving needed energy and doesn't make them jittery like energy drinks do. A couple of people said no real difference in their opinion.
5. Medterra CBD Keep Calm Gummies
Designed to help you find a sense of calm and feel grounded on a daily basis, Medterra’s 50mg CBD Keep Calm gummies are the tastiest form of relaxation you’ll ever experience.
- Extract Type: Broad-Spectrum
- Per Bottle: 50mg of CBD
- THC: Zero THC in this product
- Price: $$45.99
- Good for: Clinically proven to reduce stress, helps ease tension, providing unmatched relaxation for both the mind and body.
Made with premium broad-spectrum, as well as 125mg of clinically proven Sensoril® Ashwagandha, and an additional 75mg of l-theanine, these gummies provide waves of calm and tranquility.
We love these Keep Calm gummies for various reasons, but mainly for the lack of drowsiness they don't bring.
Oftentimes, relaxation-promoting CBD products can calm you down but make you feel quite drowsy in the meantime.
With Medterra, this simply isn’t the case, rather, you’ll experience feelings of balance, happiness, and contentment without any consequence. The gummies come in one strawberry lemonade flavor.
Medterra’s Keep Calm gummies make finding your inner peace easier than ever. These hemp gummies are crafted with premium CBD broad-spectrum and 75mg of L-theanine, an amino acid that’s known for promoting calmness and full-body relaxation. You should definitely only need just one.
What Do Customers Have To Say?
Medterra’s CBD Keep Calm Gummies website page features over 1000 customer reviews at the time of writing this Medterra CBD review, with an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
A typical example includes positive comments like these are great for my anxiety. I take one to 2 and before I know it, I feel relaxed. What I Like the best it's not a fake feeling it just happens very naturally.
How To Use Medterra CBD Products
For the most part, you can find out how to use Medterra's products on their product page under Product Details or packaging, which has suggestions and directions.
CBD's effects are different from person to person. If you’re ingesting CBD (via capsules, oil, or gummies), it might take a while to figure out what dosage works best for you.
It’s a good idea to start small and gradually increase from there until you get the results you need.
After a week or so of daily use, assess how you’re feeling. If your symptoms are still not what you were hoping for, you might want to try increasing your dosage a little until you feel a difference.
Topical CBD products can be massaged into the affected area. It’s difficult to dose topical CBD products because it’s a bit hard to measure how much you apply to your skin.
In general, you should use as little as possible until you feel it working. Why waste it and use more then you need.
Bear in mind that it might take a while — a few days or even weeks — before you feel the effects of the CBD of any CBD product.
Safety and Side Effects
In our Medterra CBD review, we feel that it's important to point out some of the most common side effects.
There is not a large amount of research concerning CBD products’ side effects. However, a 2017 study suggests CBD is generally considered to be safe in appropriate doses, but, it does have some side effects that you want to be aware of:
- appetite changes
- weight changes
- interaction with other medications
The best thing you can do is to start with a lower dosage and gradually increase it along with your observation of how you feel after taking it.
Another thing you must consider before taking CBD products is your existing condition and medications you are currently on. For instance, consult your doctor first, especially if you are taking medicines or treatment. This is because CBD may interact with other drugs.
Furthermore, do not take CBD alongside high-fat meals. This can significantly increase CBD blood concentrations, which one 2020 study suggests can lead to an increased risk of you experiencing side effects afterward.
Some CBD Warnings To Be Aware Of
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not take full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD if you are subject to a drug test.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a medical condition, or are taking any medications.
- Not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age.
- Consult your physician before use.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medterra CBD
Is Medterra a good CBD brand?
Their dedication to creating some of the highest-quality, purest, strongest and safest CBD products on the market, along with unmatched value and convenience, makes Medterra a standout brand in the over-saturated CBD industry.
Will Medterra CBD show up on a drug test?
It really depends on the product and the type of drug test. Many drug tests only look for THC, which is only present in select Medterra products at very low levels.
Some drug tests screen for additional cannabinoids like CBN, CBN can cause a false positive for THC in very rare cases.
If THC testing is something that is feared, you should choose products made with isolate CBD, as products made with this compound alone didn’t cause any test subjects to showcase positive for THC.
Where can you buy Medterra CBD products?
Your best bet is to go to the official website, which has a simple yet effective, modern design. It has a good amount of information for customers regarding the brand and CBD products in general.
Medterra CBD Review Final Thoughts
During our Medterra CBD review, we were impressed with its line of products that are both safe and effective, and it conducts third-party lab testing on all of its products. Access is easy to the test results on their website.
They also have a medical advisory board with medical experts (and veterinarians!) who help with research and product formulation.
The Medterra website is modern and easy to use. Buying from Medterra’s site is pretty straightforward.
For anyone that’s serious about the quality of the CBD products they’re using on a day-to-day basis, it’s hard to go wrong with Medterra.
We recommend not using any CBD product during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult your physician before use.
And just as importantly keep it out of reach from children and pets.
Hello! We are writers here at Hemp Jubilation. We are a diverse small group of experienced CBD users. We strive to bring you the finest, up-to-date reviews and content on all things CBD.
We have been writing about CBD for more than 5 years and have tried and reviewed dozens of CBD products. We are knowledgeable about the popular CBD brands and products, the CBD industry as well as the science and research behind this popular natural remedy.