We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here's our process.
Related Picks: Best CBD Pre-Rolls
CBD cigarettes are similar to tobacco cigarettes, except for what’s inside them. There’s no tobacco or nicotine, just smokable hemp-filled cigarettes containing enough CBD to give you an enjoyable relaxing buzz after smoking that lasts for about one or two hours.
You don’t get high, but you do get a pleasant sense of calm to carry you through your day and they look pretty cigarette-like and they use the same type of filters that you’re familiar with so you don’t stand out too much either.
Best CBD Cigarettes
We’ve collected our picks into different groups to help you find the type of hemp cigarettes you’re looking for, with options if you want to focus on something like price or taste, strongest, as well as an overall best CBD cigarette for general purposes, we have you covered.
Best Overall: Redwood Reserves
Best Value: CBD American Shaman
Strongest: Plane Jane
Best tasting: Sugar
Best Overall: Redwood Reserves CBD Cigarettes
Redwood Reserves CBD cigarettes has 60 to 100 mg of CBD, has very calming effects, and manages to produce a terpene-rich flavor while having a traditional cigarette-like taste. They look just like traditional cigarettes too.
These cigarettes are the best overall because they are the highest-quality and smoke efficiently, taste good, and have very pleasant effects.
Each one packs a high dose of CBD with 60 to 100mg of CBD without any harmful heavy metals, pesticides, or chemicals.
Whether you’re looking to use CBD cigarettes to stop smoking tobacco or just yearning for a convenient, natural way to unwind, Redwood Reserves hemp cigarettes are the perfect way to find your Zen without the high of traditional cannabis.
What we like
- 60 to 100mg of CBD per cigarette
- Cigarette-like design but effective
- No pot smell
- Oregon-grown and organic hemp
- The flower is sourced exclusively from their own farm in Oregon
- Made with CBD-rich flower, not hemp stalks or leaves
- Excellent effects - mellow, perfect relaxation with improved focus when you need it most
- Clean, up-to-date lab reports, including testing for pesticides, heavy metals, and microbials
- Great price of $12.99 per pack
What we don't like
- Slightly harsh on the throat at first for me
- Quite a wide range of possible CBD doses per cigarette
- Organically-grown flower, but not certified-organic
- Effects: Most perfect level of calm and relaxation, energy, focus, and slight euphoria
- Good For: A soothing and relaxing smoke, concentration, easing stress
- Not The Best For: Sleep or tackling pain
Best Value: CBD American Shaman CBD Cigarettes
If you’re looking for affordable hemp cigarettes, Shaman Smokes from CBD American Shaman are some of the best options out there that come in four varieties. That includes original, cherry, grape, and menthol.
They are available in packs containing 20 Shaman Smokes and 10-pack cartons and a 4 pack CBD cigarette flavor sampler that will let you try each flavor to decide what you like best.
These Shaman Smokes contain 40mg of CBD per cigarette, and have a slight flavor of hemp making it mainly like smoking a cigarette. Overall they’re effective and very affordable.
What we like
- Only $9.99 per pack
- Four flavors on offer
- Contains substantial amounts of CBG and CBC
- Beneficial terpenes and flavonoids
- Blended from USA-grown hemp
- US Hemp Authority certified company
What we don't like
- 40mg of CBD is a little on the low side for the dosage
- Lab reports are outdated
- Not lab tested for safety (pesticides and heavy metals)
- Effects: Slight relaxation and focus
- Good For: Casual pick-me-up, stress relief, and aggravation
- Not The Best For: Treating more serious issues like pain, anxiety, and insomnia
Strongest Effects: Plain Jane Hemp Filtered Pre-Rolls
Plain Jane’s Hemp Rolls (i.e. CBD hemp cigarettes) have a cigarette-like design, smoke well and pack around 72mg of CBD into each roll creating the strongest effects of any CBD cigarette out there.
Combined with the finest ground hemp flowers and no added chemicals or flavors and excellent performance with a smoky/hempy taste, they make for an enjoyable smoking CBD cigarette experience.
The relaxation effects come on quickly and hit nicely, more notable than with other cigarettes, and all for a very good price of only $12.99.
What we like
- Contains between 60mg to 72mg of CBD
- Available in Original and Menthol flavor
- Packed well without overfilling
- Perfect pulls that show the consistency of the flower being evenly distributed
- Rolled in premium rice paper and filter tip for a smooth and clean burn
- Very smooth on the throat
- Strong effects, relaxation and mood elevation, leaves you feeling great after a smoke
- Believers in regenerative farming and sustainable practices
What we don't like
- Not odorless smoke at all
- Lab reports aren’t specific to the cigarettes (available for the flower)
- No lab testing for impurities
- Only very small amounts of other cannabinoids, they are basically just CBD
- Effects: Full-body relaxation, slight head buzz, mood enhancer
- Good For: Anxiety, mood issues, pain
- Not The Best For: Sleep, better for a more casual use
Best Tasting: Sugar Hemp Cigarettes
The hemp cigarettes from Sugar take the taste of CBD cigarettes to the next level. Like they say on their website finally, CBD cigarettes that don't taste like shit are true.
You get a choice of Peppermint or Vanilla in addition to an Original a more basic hemp-based flavor. I have to say that the vanilla is especially excellent tasting. The tips are pleasantly sweet and the hemp is smooth. It smells pretty good too.
What we like
- Three flavors available – Peppermint, Vanilla and Original
- 50mg CBD per cigarette
- Smooth smoke, no burning or irritation
- A pleasure to smoke
- Great price of $11.50 per pack
- Clean lab results for pesticides, metals, and mycotoxins, along with accurate potency
What we don't like
- Not ideal if you like a throat hit
- The most recent lab report is from February 2020
- A little bit of harshness once you get close to the filter
- Effects: Whole-body calmness, a sense of well-being, energy, and focus
- Good For: Both morning and afternoon pick-me-up, anxiety relief
- Not The Best For: Sleep or pain management
Are CBD Cigarettes Safe?
CBD Vaping products and other alternatives to traditional cigarettes have been trending for years, and in some states, CBD cigarettes have made their way onto the scene, too.
The answer is yes and no, as long as you avoid overconsuming and get products with pure ingredients. Plus,
right now, we don’t have data regarding the health effects of hemp smoke.
CBD cigarettes are relatively safer than other alternatives, especially tobacco because they don’t contain nicotine and other harmful chemical additives.
The hemp extract is safe and is used to curb addiction. In addition, despite the smoke posing a potential risk to the lungs, there’s no scientific indication that it could cause chronic medical conditions such as lung cancer.
Consuming CBD cigarettes is a safer alternative if you avoid overconsumption. Using too much, especially as a newbie, could lead to harmful side effects on your health. As long as you stick to reasonable small doses, you’ll enjoy more beneficial effects that come with CBD or hemp extract.
If you have any medical conditions, you can avoid health issues by consulting a medical professional before use.
Benefits of CBD Cigarettes
Smoking CBD cigarettes increases and improves CBD absorption. But what are the other benefits of hemp cigarettes? Here are the great reasons why smoking CBD may become the best decision:
CBD cigarettes are free from chemicals
If you’re seeking a natural yet effective way to ease your health conditions, consider hemp cigarettes. CBD cigarettes are crafted without adding chemical ingredients or nicotine.
You can enjoy and experience the benefits of cannabinoid products based on a natural, organic formula, making them safer for your health than tobacco cigs. For example, tobacco cigarettes contain nicotine and a variety of harmful chemicals that affect the user’s health.
CBD cigarettes help quit smoking
Studies suggest that CBD may help with managing unpleasant withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking. This is great news for nicotine smokers who’re looking to break free from the life-threatening addictive behaviors and lead a healthy life.
Smoking CBD cigarettes is a convenient alternative to vaping
When looking for a fast-acting CBD product, consider cigarettes. Of course, a vaping device can also offer you a fast effective route of delivery too.
But a hemp cigarette is a better and more convenient solution because all you have to do is take a cigarette out of a pack and light it. If you choose a vaporizer, you’ll have to charge the device and change cartridges that are known to leak from time to time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will CBD cigarettes show drug test?
CBD shouldn't show up on a drug test. However, many CBD products contain trace amounts of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), marijuana's main active ingredient that can build up over time and it could show up on a drug test. This means that in rare cases, using CBD might lead to a positive drug test.
Does CBD cigarettes contain nicotine?
Many CBD brands are positioning CBD cigarettes as an alternative to tobacco cigarettes, which contain no addictive nicotine. However, like any other smokable product, it's not a good idea to smoke them frequently.
Is smoking CBD the same as cigarettes?
With CBD cigarettes you may taste the hemp, so they won't taste the same. And unlike nicotine, CBD is not an addictive stimulant. Instead, it provides a mild, enjoyable feeling of relaxation. CBD smokers do not experience cravings between cigarettes. On the contrary, they simply smoke when they feel like it to re-experience the soothing, enjoyable effects that CBD cigarettes provide.
Final Thoughts On CBD Cigarettes
So, there you have it. Our top recommendations for the best CBD cigarettes and hemp cigarettes of 2022.
The best CBD cigarettes will provide users with near-instant effects – making them ideal for mood elevation, anxiety, energy, and focus, and improving concentration.
CBD cigarettes might be a good approach if you wish to quit smoking. One study concluded that the relaxing properties of Cannabidiol possibly make CBD cigarettes an alternative to smoking.
As a result, over a period, they can help individuals addicted to nicotine stay smoke-free helping individuals switch to a healthier lifestyle.
While our list discusses what we believe are some of the best CBD cigarettes on the market, there are other options out there.
If you plan to purchase from a brand not mentioned here, we recommend checking online reviews and testimonials of the company to ensure that they are effective, safe, trustworthy and have a reputable brand name.
Products are additive-free. Make sure the products contain no additives, nicotine, or tobacco to ensure its all-natural. And always check the certificate of analysis of products before buying them to ensure high quality and consistency.